Two levels of funding are available:
1) Pilot Grants: provide up to $75,000 direct costs for up to two years to facilitate the planning of a new clinical and/or translational research project. Pilot grants are typically used to fund developmental or early stage work, including collection of pilot data, and proposals should describe a concrete plan for further steps beyond the pilot grant.
2) Small Projects (accepted on a rolling basis): This $5,000 funding opportunity will support well-focused data collection, secondary or other analysis relevant to the WU-CDTR mission. A proposed project should (1) present a testable hypothesis and clearly delineate the question being asked, (2) detail the procedures to be followed, including how the data will be analyzed, and (3) include how the project will advance the investigator’s research agenda. Investigators should also (4) clearly articulate the research product that will result from this work (i.e. manuscript, grant proposal).
- LOI due: November 1, 2021
- Proposals due: November 22, 2021
- Earlies project start date: March 1, 2022